Tuesday 7 August 2007

Vaccines

10 babies need to be vaccinated today. The car is not adapted to transport infants. There are 3 car seats but no proper seats so we align them on the passageway. I try to secure them using my feet. Johanna and I get 2 babies each. I manage to free my left hand to hold another car seat… To make it even funnier, they need to be fed… on a very bumpy track. Sorry for the bad picture but I tried my best…




We arrive at the health centre… quite rudimentary… We sit in the waiting room. We are the only azungus and soon a little crowd gather and observe us. The nurse is efficient. Tamanda, Tamara, Theresa, Prince, Fanny, Mary, Madalitso, Bikiel, Esther and Chinsisi get their vaccines in less than 30 min.

On our way back all the babies fall asleep and so could I... but my head hits the windows... nasty bump...






When I open the door of my room, there is a very nice surprise waiting for me... a bouquet of roses and a card... from Yann. It's our 3rd wedding anniversary today and he managed to send me flowers! Je t'aime très fort mon doudou.

No comments: